Friday, September 27, 2013

Sacred Bloodlines


Sacred Bloodlines (Book 1)

by Wendy Owens


 
Free Everywhere




Tragedy has defined Gabe's short existence in this world. An ominous darkness lurked on the edge of his existence until one day in a subway, strange things start happening. A series of events lead Gabe into a new and fascinating life filled with angels and demons, but he isn't sure if he wants to be a part of it.
Gabe is thrust into the middle of this exciting world that is full of things he has longed for in his life but it comes with a price. This new life also promises constant terrifying dangers that Gabe fears he may not be able to survive.

Review:
Sacred Bloodlines will grab you in from the first page and keep you from sleeping and eating till the very last page; even then you wont be satisfied till you get your hands on the next installment. From the beginning it was action packed, never a single dull moment. I had never read a book about guardian angels so this story was very unique and interested me from the get go. It is filled with the magic of Harry Potter but with its own originality. One of my favorite characters was Sophie, her cute, straight forward personality enlightened me. I liked the main character Gabe as well, his tragic childhood gave him a soft, sensitive side. He really grows throughout the book all the while fighting the forces of evil that walk among the Earth. This book is not predictable, which I loved, I was continuously surprised. Although some areas seemed to be a bit rushed I still really enjoyed it. I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning just to finish. I definitely recommend you to read it, if you like The Mortal Instruments, then you will LOVE Sacred Bloodlines. Go get a copy today! Trust me, you'll never put it down.

Rating: 4.5/5 Stars


Interview With Wendy Owens:



When did you know you wanted to become a writer? 


I have enjoyed writing since I was a little kid and always dreamed of making it a career one day.  My creative writing professor in college always encouraged me to give it a try, but it seemed like an impossible path.  For many years I was self employed as a freelance artist, but I always told my husband that if I could do anything in the world, I would be a writer.  In 2011 he forwarded me an article about Amanda Hocking with a little note encouraging me to follow my dreams.  I put my art business on vacation mode and jumped in with the full support of my family.  I wrote my first book in two weeks.  Now editing... that’s another story, it took me four additional months to get the book to a place where I was ready to release it.


Advice for future writers?

My biggest piece of advice is sometimes the hardest. My advice would be simply to write. Often we get our first book written and can be so distracted by all of the marketing we forget to keep writing. We are responsible for our own deadlines since we are owner of all the jobs. Be sure to keep setting new ones.

 

How did the idea for Sacred Bloodlines come to you?

I kept having this scene pop into my head where a pregnant woman was being hunted by a demon and a guardian angel saved her.  None of those characters made it into the actual series, but it planted the idea of guardian angels in my thoughts.  I wrote it down and then walked away.  When I came back and read it months later, the idea morphed into something completely different.  At that point it was like a freight train picking up steam.  Once I made the decision to give writing a try I released the flood gates on the idea and it all poured out of me.  I have never read a book about angels so I was surprised by the subject matter myself, but there it was.

 

What character from Sacred Bloodlines can you most relate to?

Dina is the girl I relate most to. I like to fix problems and

 

What do you like to do when your not writing?

My kids and husband take up a lot of my time and the lights of my life. When I’m not with them though I paint and draw or photograph.

 

What's your favorite movie?

Okay, totally revealing my geeky side. The new Star Trek movie is my favorite and the second one, Into Darkness is a close second. The character development in them is brilliant and any movie that can make me cry in the first five minutes is simply amazing.

 

Which character from Sacred Bloodlines do you like best? 

Uri has always held a special place in my heart.  His snarky sense of humor makes me smile and he is my kind of handsome.  The grittier the better for me when it comes to sex appeal and Uri is dripping with it.  I love him so much I decided to add book four, The Lost Years, into the series.  It explores what happened to him and the other Guardians during a five year gap between book two and three.

What's your soundtrack for Sacred Bloodlines? (What songs do you think best fit for the book?) 

Requiem for a Dream soundtrack.





Wendy Owens was raised in the small college town of Oxford, Ohio. After attending Miami University, Wendy went on to a career in the visual arts. After several years of creating and selling her own artwork, she gave her first love, writing, a try.


Since 2011, she has published a young adult paranormal series, The Guardians, which will contain five books total, as well as a novella.


Wendy now happily spends her days writing—her loving dachshund, Piper, curled up at her feet. When she's not writing, she can be found spending time with her tech geek husband and their three amazing kids, exploring the city she loves to call home: Cincinnati, OH.

Author Links:

Website: http://wendy-owens.com/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/WendyLOwens



Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5038955.Wendy_Owens

Giveaway!
 
Click on the link above and enter the giveaway! Awesome prizes up for grabs!
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment